Recipe and instructions for our delicious and healthy grain bread as low carb seed bread. The fresh seed bread with baking powder is baked from oat flakes and flax seeds, as well as nuts and grains. Our uncomplicated bread without flour is thus a delicious fitness bread that makes you full. The healthy and dark bread is quick and easy to make yourself.
If you are looking for a seed bread recipe completely without oatmeal, here is our popular seed bread grain bread recipe without flour – low carb, gluten-free, vegan.
Ingredients for our low carb seed bread recipe
- 125g oat flakes large leaf or grainy – alternatively gluten-free oat flakes
- 125g sunflower seeds
- 75g ground flax seeds
- 50g chia seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g chopped almonds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 20g psyllium husks
- 0,5 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 220ml lukewarm water
- 1,5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, preferably apple vinegar
- 1,5 teaspoon maple syrup
Feel free to vary a bit on the amount of grains and nuts. However, you definitely need chia seeds, psyllium husks and the shredded flax seeds to bind the bread, as well as rolled oats, oil, vinegar and maple syrup. Instead of maple syrup, you are welcome to use honey or agave syrup.
Instructions for baking low carb grain bread
- First, put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Then add oil, vinegar and maple syrup, followed by lukewarm water. Then let it mix in a food processor for about six minutes.
- Press the finished dough firmly into a bread baking pan, as the dough crumbles a bit more than our seed bread without baking powder. A perforated bread baking pan with baking paper is best.
- Now let the bread rest or swell for at least 2 hours. You can leave it overnight and bake it the next day.
- Bake the bread at 180°C top and bottom heat for about 60 minutes and then let it cool down.
Bread without flour – simple seed bread and grain bread with baking powder…
In the past, my favorite bread was sweet Brioche. Over time, my preference has evolved to whole grain bread. Meanwhile, I love the real grain bread, the bread without flour. I wouldn’t have thought in the past that you could bake a bread using only grains without it falling apart or being too “gummy”. I found the perfect recipe for me, which I now prefer to eat even more than my much-loved Brioche.
Healthy low carb grain bread without flour
Unlike our gluten-free seed bread, there are oatmeal in this bread recipe. However, if you use gluten-free rolled oats for the recipe, you get a grain bread without gluten. It has been my experience that grain oatmeal goes better with healthy bread. The grain bread becomes a little more moist with tender oatmeal. The low carb bread as a seed bread without flour acts through the oat flakes and the baking powder almost like normal grain bread with flour.
Grain bread as a substantial dish – simply baked by yourself
Who has never baked a seed bread, will be surprised at the ingredients. Some ingredients we also had to organize first for our delicious low carb breads. However, the result was directly worth it and it tasted better than imagined. In contrast to the normal bread, the seed bread is a real substantial dish. For us, just a few slices are enough to feel full for breakfast.
Filling or spread for the grain bread
Our homemade jam or cream cheese with cucumbers or radishes tastes really good with our grain bread recipe. Delicious cold fillings, such as cheese or turkey breast go very well with the fitness bread. Vegan spread variants taste even healthier. However, also recommended are warm fried eggs on the warm baked bread.
Low carb seed bread recipe with baking powder – Healthy Bread
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 bread baking pan
- 1 baking paper
- 125 g oats, rolled alternatively granular or gluten-free
- 125 g sunflower seeds
- 75 g flaxseed, ground
- 50 g chia seeds
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g almonds, chopped
- 50 g walnuts chopped
- 20 g psyllium husks
- 0,5 TL Salt
- 2 TL baking powder
- 220 ml Water lukewarm
- 1,5 EL olive oil
- 1 EL vinegar apple vinegar preferred
- 1,5 TL maple syrup
- First, add all the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix well with a spoon.125 g oats, rolled, 125 g sunflower seeds, 75 g flaxseed, ground, 50 g chia seeds, 50 g pumpkin seeds, 50 g almonds, chopped, 50 g walnuts, 20 g psyllium husks, 0,5 TL Salt, 2 TL baking powder
- Then add olive oil, vinegar and maple syrup, followed by lukewarm water and blend for six minutes. Start 6 minutes timer here1,5 EL olive oil, 1 EL vinegar, 1,5 TL maple syrup, 220 ml Water
- Press the finished dough well into a bread baking pan, as the dough crumbles a bit more than our seed bread without baking powder. A perforated bread baking pan with baking paper is best suited.
- Now let the bread rest or swell for at least 2 hours. You can simply leave it overnight and bake it fresh the next day.
- Bake bread at 180 °C for about 60 minutes and then let cool. Start 60 minutes timer here
We currently bake our healthy flourless bread recipes extremely often in addition to our plum cake recipe and other favorite recipes. As much as we love to eat our seed breads, we are also always happy when we consciously sin a little on Sundays. Then we often have our sweet milk rolls with chocolate or classic Sunday rolls as an alternative for breakfast. Have fun trying them out!