Best and simple recipe for delicious brioche buns with yogurt and milk. The soft bread rolls without hard crust are very popular in our family. When the bread rolls are fresh out of the oven they are simply irresistible. Therefore, we are happy to tell you our best recipe for milk rolls, brioche buns and Weckmänner.
Ingredients for our brioche buns recipe
- 550g wheat flour 550
- 1 packet of dry yeast
- 250ml warm whole milk 3,5% fat
- 70g warm and liquid margarine
- 150g yogurt natural 3,5% fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 70g sugar
- 5 tablespoons of warm whole milk 3,5% for brushing the bread rolls
Instructions for delicious homemade brioche buns
- First, let the liquid ingredients, such as warm whole milk, natural yogurt with 3.5% fat and liquid warm margarine mix. I give the milk together with the margarine always to warm briefly in the microwave and cool the mass when mixing with the yogurt then slightly again.
- Then add sugar, salt, wheat flour 550 and dry yeast and mix until after about three minutes a soft beautiful dough is formed.
- Now put the dough in a large glass bowl with some flour and cover with plastic wrap. I always like to put the bowl in the oven, which I have briefly heated to 45 degrees beforehand. Now let it rest for an hour so the dough can double in size.
- Finally, I put the dough on a countertop covered with plenty of flour for kneading.
- From the dough divide about ten equal pieces and form balls. These are best placed on a baking tray with holes that is lined with baking paper.
- Just before the delicious milk rolls go into the oven, brush them with warm whole milk. Then bake the bread rolls for 16-19 minutes at 180°C (convection oven) or 200°C (top and bottom heat).
- After baking, brush the hot bread rolls once again with warm milk immediately after taking them out of the oven. After cooling, you can enjoy them directly while they are still lukewarm. I like to bake the bread rolls the night before and take them out of the oven when they are already lightly browned, starting at 16 minutes. The next morning they are baked again for four minutes so that they are warm again and taste freshly baked.
Delicious, soft brioche buns like from the bakery – easy and quick homemade…
Since you are so excited about our chocolate brioche buns, I really wanted to show you my milk buns without chocolate. I like to bake both versions for breakfast on the weekends and then often have the choice between chocolate rolls and plain brioche buns.
The soft milk brioche buns or yogurt buns are really fluffy and soft inside. With us they were always called Mürbchen or Mörbchen and now and then there was also a variant with raisins. You are welcome to add raisins to our dough if you prefer raisin rolls.
Weckmann or Stutenkerl dough
By the way, the dough for the brioche buns tastes exactly like a really good Weckmann should taste. When I moved to Munich, and there were no Weckmänner in the bakeries in November, I searched for the best recipes. At the time, I would have been happy if I had already known this recipe for it. This year, I’m having my Weckmänner and Stutenkerle with this brioche buns recipe.
Best brioche buns recipe for breakfast
These delicious brioche buns are quick and easy to make. With simple ingredients, these sweet bread rolls have become our favorite. Of course, they taste really good with sweet spread and in the process, perfect with our homemade jam. However, cold cuts such as mild cheese and meat sausage are also really delicious. We like to eat the brioche buns with hard boiled eggs.
Easy milk brioche buns recipe with yeast
These easy brioche buns are also great when traveling, as they hardly crumble and stay soft. You don’t have to worry about the yeast in the recipe. As long as you follow the instructions with the recipe, the yeast dough will always succeed. Just don’t let the temperature fluctuate too much, and the dough will be just fine.
If you have some yogurt in the fridge, but it doesn’t have 3.5% fat, you can simply increase the amount of margarine slightly. This will also give you a delicious result with the brioche buns. As a sweet alternative to the shortbread, I recommend our simple sweet Brioche or our delicious yeast plait for breakfast.
Soft bread rolls or buns with yogurt and milk
For the brioche buns recipe, we chose unflavored yogurt, as well as whole milk with 3.5% fat content. When we tried skim milk with 1.5% fat, we couldn’t get any stand in the bread rolls and they turned out very flat. Taste-wise, they were still delicious, but a bit harder and not as pretty to look at visually. We quickly switched back to the whole milk version.
Feel free to try working slivered almonds into the batter if you like a slightly nutty flavor. We prefer the versions with chocolate chips and raisins. As a contrast to the sweet bread rolls, we like to recommend serving our healthy seed bread, as well as our delicious whole wheat bread for breakfast. quite classic and traditional goes with our Sunday bread rolls.
Delicious brioche buns – simple, fluffy and delicious
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 baking tray with holes
- 1 dough scraper
- 1 baking paper
- 1 dough cutter
- 1 glass bowl
- 550 g all-purpose flour
- 7 g instant yeast
- 250 ml whole milk 3,5% (warm)
- 70 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (warm and fluid)
- 150 g yogurt natural (3,5%)
- 1/2 TL salt
- 70 g sugar
- 5 EL whole milk 3,5% (warm) for brushing the bread rolls
- First, let the liquid ingredients mix milk, yogurt and margarine.250 ml whole milk 3,5%, 150 g yogurt natural (3,5%), 70 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower)
- Now add sugar, salt, flour and dry yeast and mix until a fluffy nice dough is formed (about 3 minutes).550 g all-purpose flour, 1/2 TL salt, 70 g sugar, 7 g instant yeast
- Let dough rest in a large glass bowl covered with plastic wrap for one hour. Start 60 minutes timer here
- Form about 10 equal-sized balls from the dough and place them on a baking sheet with holes and a sheet of baking paper.
- Now brush the raw brioche buns with warm milk and bake in the oven for 16-19 minutes at 180 °C or 200 °C . Start 16 minutes timer here5 EL whole milk 3,5%
- Immediately after baking, brush the hot brioche buns again with the warm milk and allow to cool slightly.5 EL whole milk 3,5%
This brioche buns recipe are among our favorites, as we like to bake different variations from the basic dough. We like to bake the bread rolls the night before and bake them again fresh for a short time in the morning. Therefore, we like to take the bread rolls out of the oven when they are already lightly browned during the first baking process. You can also simply freeze the bread rolls. Have fun trying them out and enjoy!