Easy pancakes recipe for small, round, thick, fluffy and delicious pancakes or mini pancakes recipe that are doable even for beginners in the kitchen. Served with sweet maple syrup, berries or sugar variants, the small sweet pastry tastes great both for breakfast, but also in the afternoon as a snack with coffee.
Delicious pancakes and little pancakes recipe
Ingredients for thick pancakes:
- 300g flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 50g sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 300ml milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
You can make the little pancakes with whole milk and both wheat flour (405) or spelt flour (630). If you want an even creamier and chewier consistency, you can use buttermilk instead of milk or cream instead of milk (proportionally or completely).
Instructions for fluffy thick pancakes recipe:
- The most important part of this recipe is separating the eggs. You can use an egg separator for this, or just be careful with the eggs.
- Now mix egg yolks with flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder, salt and milk using a food processor until you get a nice batter.
- Separately, beat egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the batter. Add a little more milk if necessary. You should still be able to see the beaten egg whites as flakes in the batter.
- Now heat a pan with butter or sunflower oil and use pan rings if necessary. Add small portions of the batter to the pan and let each side fry for about 2 minutes, until the pancakes are golden brown and almost doubled in thickness.
- Now remove from the pan, let cool, and serve with a variety of ingredients, depending on your preference.
We were always intrigued by the little extra thick pancakes, as even in our attempts and instant mix options, we usually only fried flat versions. However, we have always liked the extra thick pancakes or mini pancakes better as the batter comes into its own better, so we would like to share our perfect pancakes recipe.
Our favorite way to eat our American pancakes recipe is with a choice of powdered sugar, maple syrup, fresh berries, berry compote, homemade strawberry jam, butter, cream, chocolate spread or a sugar-and-cinnamon mixture. It just looks super pretty when you spread fresh berries and some powdered sugar on the plate already.
Maple syrup and other dips, such as berry compote, we like to serve in small bowls in which you can dip the pieces then, than already pour over the entire plate. But of course you can decide that for yourselves according to your mood. We can also tell you the recipe for our blueberry pancakes.
Even though we generally try to set a good example with our other breakfast recipes, we just enjoy the sweet moments. Therefore, these exceptions are more likely to occur on the weekend, when you have a little more time for breakfast. As an alternative to the delicious pancakes recipe, we also like to eat our fresh waffles or our super fluffy brioche buns and chocolate buns.
In everyday life, we prefer to be healthy and currently you can assume that every morning there is a seed bread with us. As much as we would like to eat only sweet things for breakfast, we know that in the long run it does not do the body any favors and we work against it during the week. Of course, the sweet foods on the weekend then taste extra good.
If you prefer the pancakes recipe a little savory because you want to serve fried bacon with them, for example, you can omit the vanilla sugar and minimize the amount of sugar.
Delicious pancakes – thick and fluffy
- 1 dough scraper
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 pan
- 1 pan rings
- 1 egg separator
- 300 g cake flour
- 50 g sugar
- 300 ml whole milk 3,5%
- 4 eggs
- 16 g baking powder
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- First, separate the eggs so that you can then mix the yolks with the flour, sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder, salt and milk in the stand mixer.300 g cake flour, 50 g sugar, 4 eggs, 16 g baking powder, 8 g vanilla sugar, 1 pinch salt, 300 ml whole milk 3,5%
- Separately, beat the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the batter. If the dough seems too firm, you can add a little more milk.
- Now let the pan get hot and add some butter or sunflower oil to the pan before adding small piles of batter to the pan. Gladly you can also use small pan rings.
- Now fry the pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side until the color is golden brown on the outside and the pancake has increased in size. Start 2 minutes timer here
- Now remove from the pan and let cool slightly. To serve, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and choose berries or berry compote, maple syrup, butter, cream, strawberry jam, chocolate spread or a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
If you want to try more of our favorite recipes, we recommend our delicious crumble cake, our quick cream cake or our waffles or the sweet Brioche with homemade strawberry jam, if you want to expand your breakfast selection.
I’m already looking forward to my next trip to the USA – this time to Los Angeles and then there will definitely be American pancakes again. Then probably again with maple syrup and some powdered sugar.