Spontaneously bake rolls for breakfast or buns without yeast with our recipe for quick Sunday rolls in 20 minutes. If you don’t have time to wait for rolls with yeast, it’s also really quick and super easy without yeast. Our easy roll recipe with baking powder and yogurt for the fastest rolls that taste delicious.
Ingredients for rolls without yeast recipe
- 500g wheat flour 550
- 300g yogurt natural (3,5%)
- 90g soft margarine
- 2 eggs
- 30g sugar
- 2 sachets baking powder
- 0,5 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of milk for coating
You can also use only one packet of baking powder, if you want to sacrifice something on the height of the buns. As for the amount of sugar, you can use more if you like, if you want the buns to be sweet rather than neutral.
Instructions for baking the quick Sunday rolls
- First, warm up the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- In the meantime, let the dough mix with the ingredients and form 12 rolls on a floured work surface.
- Place on a regular baking sheet or baking sheet with holes and a baking paper. Brush the buns with milk for a nice shine. Now let them bake in the oven for 18-25 minutes. You can brush the finished hot rolls with milk again, then let them cool.
Quickest Sunday rolls baked by yourself….
Buns are always perfect on the breakfast table, as they are simply popular and absolutely versatile. In our basic recipe for quick rolls, we kept the flavor neutral. We prefer to eat plain wheat rolls with homemade jam, fresh cold cuts and hard boiled eggs. When rolls are freshly baked out of the oven, they simply taste best.
Quick basic roll recipe with baking powder
We were pleased that our simple rolls with yeast went down so well with you. Since even we sometimes want to bake rolls quite spontaneously, we share our best recipe for very quick rolls without yeast. Within 20 minutes you have the rolls ready without yeast and you only need simple ingredients, baking powder and yogurt.
Simple roll recipe with yogurt
The tasteless yogurt with 3.5% fat is necessary for the fluffy soft texture. Therefore, you will also find this yogurt in our soft chocolate rolls. You can’t taste it afterwards in the finished rolls, but it is very important for the roll dough as a counterbalance to the somewhat dry baking powder in the rolls without yeast.
Fresh rolls or buns for breakfast
This simple roll recipe is perfect for spontaneous overnight visitors. Also as a quick surprise, for example on birthdays, these rolls are uncomplicated and easy to make. When we have a little more time, we always like to make our simple sweet cake on days like this too. But if you want to come up with something spontaneous or have spontaneous visitors announced for breakfast or lunch, you are exactly right with our rolls without yeast.
The buns without yeast taste great with sweet spreads as well as with savory cold cuts, so they are known as perfect all-rounders. The only really important thing you need for the buns without yeast is the yogurt to get the best taste, however you could also try an alternative with milk and more butter as a substitute. So far we have always tried our rolls without yeast with yogurt, but once we baked them with milk and butter, we will tell you the recommended grams.
Bread rolls without yeast – Quick Sunday rolls in 20 minutes
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 baking tray
- 1 baking paper
- 1 baking tray with holes
- 1 dough cutter
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g yogurt natural (3,5%)
- 90 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) soft
- 2 eggs
- 30 g sugar
- 30 g baking powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp whole milk 3,5% for coating
- Preheat oven to 180 °C .
- In the meantime, let the ingredients mix the dough and form 12 bread rolls on a floured work surface.500 g all-purpose flour, 300 g yogurt natural (3,5%), 90 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower), 2 eggs, 30 g sugar, 30 g baking powder, 0,5 tsp salt
- Place on a baking sheet or baking tray with holes and a baking paper and brush with milk. Now bake in the oven for 18-25 minutes at 180 °C then let cool.Start 18 minutes timer here1 tbsp whole milk 3,5%
This easiest Sunday roll recipe requires no prep time. The simple rolls always succeed and are child’s play to bake. We wish you lots of fun with the fastest, fresh rolls right now.