Easy traditional lemon cake recipe in loaf pan for guests and birthdays – quick, easy, delicious and refreshing. A delicious lemon cake recipe to bake yourself with simple ingredients for a delicious afternoon coffee klatch.
Ingredients for the lemon cake recipe in loaf pan:
- 350g flour
- 160g sugar
- 250g butter or margarine
- 5 eggs
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 packets grated lemon peel
For the topping, the lemon cake frosting requires 200ml of powdered sugar, 4 tablespoons of warm water and another packet of grated lemon zest – or just a little powdered sugar to sprinkle on top.
As an alternative to lemon zest, you can also use real lemons, lemon flavoring or lemon juice. If the mixed dough becomes too liquid with this, please add a little more flour so that the finished cake remains firm to the touch.
Instructions and preparation of the lemon cake recipe in loaf pan
- Place ingredients for the batter in a mixing bowl and mix slowly at first, then mix through on a higher speed until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour the dough into a greased loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes at 180 degrees top/bottom heat.
- After baking, let cool on a cake rack and remove from the loaf pan in between.
- Brush the almost cold lemon cake with icing or sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
Just like the traditional marble cake and nut cake, the lemon cake is one of the absolute classics when it comes to cakes from the loaf pan. Especially popular is the lemon cake recipe in loaf pan with lemon flavor in spring and summer. We have the lemon cake recipe right next to our recipe for crunchy waffles without milk, the simple mare’s bread, the delicious juicy chocolate cake, the apple crumble cake and the simple sponge cake with cream. However, the lemon cake recipe in loaf pan remains simply the best summer cake recipe.
Depending on your preference in the freshness of lemons, you can adjust the amount of grated lemons, lemon flavoring or even real lemon as you like. Likewise, depending on your preference, you can serve the finished lemon cake with frosting including lemon flavor or just sprinkle it with fluffy powdered sugar if you want to keep it more subtle and simple.
In the lemon cake recipe in a loaf pan, the amount is calculated for a loaf pan, but you can also bake the dough on a baking sheet. The baking time is then shortened, however. In general, you can also pour the dough into different molds or bake small round cakes. If you want to bake small cakes directly, you can also bake small gugelhupfe or muffins from the dough.
Children like it very much when you sprinkle colorful crumbles on the slightly dried icing, so that everyone gets a nice colorful piece. Of course, you can also add the crumbles to the dough, but the colors will then run extremely depending on the crumbles.
Loaf pans are always suitable for different types of cakes. Especially popular are marble cakes and nut cakes. But also juicy loaf cakes with sour cream or cream are very popular. For me, however, getting my loaf pan out of the cupboard usually means baking a Brioche.
When I really think of very traditional birthday cakes, I always see a loaf cake with dark chocolate and lots and lots of colorful M&Ms or Smarties on it. In my mind, though, it’s then a marble cake, but basically a birthday cake works just as well with the lemon cake recipe in box form.
Instead of the colorful chocolate lentils, however, I would then rather press small sugar decorations into the lemon icing and lots and lots of candles for the birthday boy or girl. Always remember, the cake never has to be perfect, but the gesture counts and the effort and love you put into the cake. Time is the most beautiful gift and time together the most beautiful.
Lemon cake loaf pan recipe – simple, fast and delicious
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 dough scraper
- 1 loaf pan
- 1 brush
- 350 g cake flour
- 160 g sugar
- 250 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft)
- 5 eggs
- 16 g baking powder
- 2 tbsp whole milk 3,5%
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 g grated lemon peel
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 6 g grated lemon peel
- 4 tbsp water warm
- Place ingredients for the batter in a mixing bowl and mix slowly at first with the stand mixer, then increase speed until a smooth batter is formed overall.350 g cake flour, 160 g sugar, 250 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower), 5 eggs, 16 g baking powder, 2 tbsp whole milk 3,5%, 12 g grated lemon peel, 1 pinch salt
- Pour the dough into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 60-70 minutes at 180 °C. Start 60 minutes timer here
- Then let the cake cool on a wire rack and remove from the mold in between.
- Finally, mix the frosting in a bowl and spread on the cake. In the refrigerator (wrapped in aluminum foil) the cake keeps for a few days and stays fresh.200 g powdered sugar, 6 g grated lemon peel, 4 tbsp water
Good luck with baking and of course this cake also works with orange flavor or lime flavor and fresh limes, if you prefer to try something out of the ordinary.