Simple and easy sponge cake recipe as a quick and easy cake at any time of the year. Sponge cake with fruits, such as peaches and cream is one of the cake classics and is absolutely popular with young and old. Enjoy this yummy and beginner sponge cake recipe.
Step-by-step instructions for delicious chewy sponge cake recipe
Beat eggs in a mixing bowl on high speed with the whisk attachment for 1 minute. Slow down mixer and slowly sprinkle in sugar and vanilla sugar (takes about 1 minute). Continue beating mixture on high speed for 2 minutes until fluffy.
In another bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, and baking powder and slowly add to egg-sugar mixture by the tablespoonful on low speed. Line a baking tray with baking paper and a baking frame, creating an area of about 30x30cm or 30x40cm, into which you now spread the mixture.
Place the dough in the oven preheated to 200 degrees (top/bottom heat) for 15 minutes and then let it cool down immediately.
Now place an inverted cake plate or cutting board on the cooled sponge cake and turn the cake over once to carefully remove the baking paper.
Instructions for delicious cream cake with peach
Drain peach halves and cut into small pieces. Then whip cream with cream stiffener and whisk in a food processor until it has a firm and creamy consistency. Then now put a thin layer of cream on the sponge cake base and spread the peach pieces evenly on top.
Then spread the remaining cream thickly on top of the peaches and smooth the top or make a pretty fork pattern. Now chill the pie in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to keep cold.
Before serving, we always like to add little dark chocolate pieces, chocolate shavings, chocolate letters or chocolate flakes on top of the cake, which is just delicious with the cream.
You can also “bake” this sponge cream cake with other fruit, such as strawberries, berries or mango slices – there are no limits to your imagination, just make sure you have small pieces of fruit that fit well on the cake fork.
Fresh, chewy and fluffy sponge cake tastes best when homemade and with a baking time of only 15 minutes, it is an absolutely perfect cake even for impatient people and children who would like to help with baking. Otherwise, our simple waffle recipe is always suitable in such a case.
We love cream cakes, but many cream cakes seem directly very heavy and not light – we have found for us the perfect cream cake with sponge cake base and would like to share and pass on the easy sponge cake recipe so that this sponge cake recipe can also become a favorite cake with you.
Best easy sponge cake recipe
The sponge cake recipe just always tastes good and is also always very well received by our guests. It is extremely fresh and light, which makes it an absolute favorite cake with us.
The cake also looks cute when decorated with birthday candles or even individual preferences. For example, you can use hazelnut brittle, mini smarties or little cars as decorations.
We recommend adding the decorations to the cake just before serving. That way, the sugar won’t run and it won’t look soggy quickly.
If you are looking for an even simpler topping instead of fruit, you can simply add a layer of jam under the cream. We recommend our homemade strawberry jam for this sponge cake recipe.
Easy recipe sponge cake – simple cream cake
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 dough scraper
- 1 baking frame
- 1 baking tray
- 1 springform pan square
- 1 flour sifter
- 4 eggs
- 125 g sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 125 g cake flour
- 25 g cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 480 g peaches
- 600 ml whipped cream (fresh and ice-cold)
- 24 g whipping cream stabilizer
- 50 g chocolate chips (dark)
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl on high speed with the whisk attachment for 1 minute. Start 1 minute timer here4 eggs
- Slow down the stand mixer and slowly sprinkle in the sugar and vanilla sugar (takes about 1 minute). Start 1 minute timer here125 g (⅔ cups) sugar8 g (2 tsp) vanilla sugar
- Continue beating mixture on high speed for 2 minutes until foamy. Start 2 minutes timer here
- Sift flour, cornstarch, and baking powder into another bowl and let it slowly mix with the egg-sugar mixture, one tablespoon at a time, on low speed.125 g (1 cups) cake flour25 g (5 tsp) cornstarch1 tsp baking powder
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and a baking frame to make an area of about 30x30cm or 30x40cm, in which you now spread the mixture.
- Place the dough in the oven preheated to 200 °C for 15 minutes and then let it cool immediately. Start 15 minutes timer here
- Now place an inverted cake plate or cutting board on the cooled sponge cake and turn the cake once to carefully peel off the baking paper.
- Drain peach halves and cut into small pieces.480 g (3 cups) peaches
- Whip cream with cream stiffener and whisk in stand mixer until it has a firm and creamy consistency.600 ml (2 ½ cups) whipped cream24 g (2 tbsp) whipping cream stabilizer
- Now spread a thin layer of cream on the sponge cake base and evenly distribute the peach pieces on top.
- Spread the remaining cream thickly over the peaches and smooth or pattern the top.
- Now chill cake in refrigerator for about 2 hours and keep cold.
- Before serving, we always like to add dark chocolate pieces or chocolate shavings to the cake, which simply harmonizes deliciously with the cream.50 g (⅓ cups) chocolate chips (dark)
If you prefer to bake a cake without cream, which is also super popular with guests and children, we gladly recommend our simple crumble cake with applesauce or our easy grid cake with applesauce.