Delicious basic apple crumble cake recipe and fluffy easy sheet cake with yeast. Our apple crumble cake recipe is baked with applesauce, which makes it a delicious and easy yeast cake. Alternatively, you can bake the crumble cake with chopped apple pieces or other fruit. You can also find the cake variant as plum crumble cake as a recipe on our food blog.
Recipe for delicious apple crumble cake
Ingredients for the apple crumble cake:
- 500g spelt flour 630
- 1 package of dry yeast
- 100g sugar
- 125g soft margarine
- 250ml lukewarm milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for topping and crumble:
- 1 large jar of applesauce
- 300g spelt flour 630
- 150g sugar
- 200g soft margarine
- 2 packets vanilla sugar
Instructions for baking homemade apple crumble cake:
- First, add eggs, lukewarm milk, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and soft margarine in a mixing bowl.
- Add flour and finally yeast and mix everything first carefully, then quickly with a dough hook.
- Then let the dough rise for an hour (warm place – without drafts).
- Then flatten the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and baking frame or in a large square springform pan with some flour and spread the applesauce or apples evenly on it.
- For the crumble, mix flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and soft margarine until small balls have formed – add more flour if needed.
- Spread the crumble evenly on the cake up to the edge.
- Bake the apple crumble cake for about 35 minutes in an oven preheated to 200 degrees (top/bottom heat).
- Let the cake cool on the baking tray after baking. After that, you are welcome to store the cake in small pieces in the refrigerator or freeze it in aluminum foil.
Apple crumble cake recipe with its traditional yeast dough recipe is a perfect sheet cake for us. It is soft and not too sweet. It’s not too dry and most importantly, it’s not tasteless. The right amount of ingredients make our apple crumble cake recipe one of our favorites. Other favorites include our easy lattice apple pie and the quick cream sponge cake.
Apple crumble cake recipe as a favorite cake
Our apple crumble cake recipe is also lovingly abbreviated by the letters ASK in our house and everyone immediately knows what is meant. Since we always have at least one jar or package of applesauce in the pantry, this cake is always baked quickly. However, I must confess that we now prefer to use 2 jars of applesauce for the base.
We have since developed our simple apple crumble cake recipe into a healthy crumble cake. We have meanwhile exchanged the simple wheat flour 405 with spelt flour 630. With this, of course, we do not have a really healthy cake, due to other ingredients, such as sugar, butter and milk. However, with the spelt flour we have found a more compatible and better option for the body.
In terms of taste and consistency, the replacement of the flour has no effect on the apple pie. You absolutely do not notice the difference if you do not know. Currently, we are still testing with the sugar and milk with alternatives and will tell you our “healthy crumble cake recipe” then when we have found the perfect mix.
If you want to have the apple yeast cake with crumble even more fruity, so you can also distribute two large glasses of applesauce or fresh apples on the cake. The streusel cake tastes even tastier, but the streusel will be a little more slippery when spreading and eating pieces of cake. We gladly accept this and enjoy the cake even more.
Of course, you can also make the butter crumble of the crumble cake separately and use it on other cakes, such as our plum cake with shortbread or on various muffins.
Apple crumble cake – delicious yeast cake
- stand mixer
- dough scraper
- baking frame
- baking tray
- springform pan square
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 7 g instant yeast
- 100 g sugar
- 125 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft)
- 250 ml whole milk 3,5% (lukewarm)
- 3 eggs
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 710 g applesauce
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 150 g sugar
- 200 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft)
- 16 g vanilla sugar
- Place eggs, lukewarm milk, sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and fluffy margarine in a mixing bowl.100 g sugar, 250 ml whole milk 3,5%, 3 eggs, 8 g vanilla sugar, 1 pinch salt, 125 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower)
- Add flour and finally yeast and mix everything carefully at first, then quickly with a dough hook.500 g all-purpose flour, 7 g instant yeast
- Then let the dough rise for an hour (warm place – without drafts).Start 60 minutes timer here
- Then spread the dough on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and baking frame or in a large square springform pan with a little flour and spread the applesauce evenly on top.710 g applesauce
- For the crumbles, mix flour, sugar, vanilla sugar and soft margarine until small balls are formed – add more flour if needed.300 g all-purpose flour, 150 g sugar, 200 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower), 16 g vanilla sugar
- Spread crumble evenly over cake to edges.
- Place the apple crumble cake in the oven preheated to 200 °C for approx. 35 minutes. Start 35 minutes timer here
- After baking, let the cake cool on the tray. After that, the cake is welcome to store in the refrigerator in small pieces or freeze with aluminum foil.
A simple recipe that is as popular with us as the crispy waffles without milk , the classic waffle recipe or the easy recipe for a sponge cake. If you just want a small variation of the apple crumble cake recipe, you are also welcome to try the apple crumble cake with cinnamon.