Apple cake recipe made easy and fast with applesauce and lattice pattern. Baking recipe without milk also best suited for beginners, children and spontaneous guests. It’s quick, you only need simple ingredients and nothing can go wrong. Our apple cake recipe with baking instructions is one of our favorite recipes and is always on our cake wish list.
Instructions for easy apple cake recipe baking
Put the flour, sugar, soft margarine, eggs, vanilla sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl and let it knead with a mixer until you have a uniform mixture.
Line baking sheet with baking paper and baking frame and remove about a small tennis ball from the dough. Flour the remaining dough onto the baking paper and roll out flat with a pastry roller or flatten with your hands. The eggs and soft margarine will make the dough firm, but not hard, and very malleable.
Place a large jar of applesauce on the bottom of the dough and spread evenly. The exact amount can vary according to your preference. For the lattice pattern, now roll out the remaining dough on the countertop flat with flour and cut into strips with a long knife and carefully place on top of the dough to form a lattice.
Place the cake in the oven at 200 degrees (top/bottom heat) for about 35 minutes. After cooling, mix powdered sugar with warm water, milk or lemon juice so that a spreadable mass is formed when stirring and you can put it on the grid with a brush or teaspoon.
This apple cake recipe quick and easy, is an absolute recipe classic and tastes absolutely delicious and light. In addition, it is fun to bake this cake, because you do not have to follow anything else in the mixing and kneading. By the applesauce instead of fresh apples you have directly and quickly the perfect apple topping.
Apple cake recipe easy to bake with applesauce
Of course, we have nothing against a cake with fresh apples, but mostly we just want to quickly bake a cake after lunch and then this cake with applesauce is usually our cake selection.
Alternatively, we otherwise then also like to resort to our waffle recipes, if it should go even faster. On our crumble cake recipe, by the way, we also prefer to use applesauce instead of fresh apples. In this simple recipe with applesauce, you bake the fastest cake quite easily and without errors or problems with the simplest ingredients and thereby without milk and without yeast.
With our grid apple cake, we are always pleased that it always looks a little different, depending on the pattern you put on it and so each sheet cake is completely individual. You are also welcome to form hearts or letters from the remaining lattice dough if you want to serve someone a very special piece of cake.
Apple cake recipe just super quick, super easy and super delicious. Our grid apple cake is a classic cake that always tastes good and always succeeds. Easy to make for beginners and amateur bakers in the kitchen and even for kids. Simple cake as a shortcrust pastry without milk and without chilling. You can also prepare the dough in advance and chill it, however, it is more fun and chewy tastes to us if we continue to process the dough immediately.
Apple cake recipe simple – Quick grid apple cake with applesauce
- stand mixer
- dough scraper
- rolling pin
- baking frame
- baking tray
- springform pan square
- 350 g all-purpose flour (or White Spelt Flour)
- 60 g sugar
- 175 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft)
- 3 eggs
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 8 g baking powder
- 710 g applesauce
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Place all ingredients (except applesauce) together in a mixing bowl and let stand mixer knead until uniform.350 g (3 cups) all-purpose flour60 g (⅓ cups) sugar175 g (6 oz) margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower)3 eggs8 g (2 tsp) vanilla sugar8 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- Line baking sheet with baking paper and baking frame and remove about a small tennis ball from the dough.
- Put the remaining dough with flour on the baking paper and roll out flat.
- Place a large jar of applesauce on the dough and spread evenly.710 g (3 cups) applesauce
- For the lattice, now roll out the remaining dough flat on the countertop with flour and cut into strips with a long knife and carefully place on top of the dough to form a lattice.
- Put the cake in the oven at 200 °C for about 30 minutes. Start 30 minutes timer here
- After cooling, mix powdered sugar with warm water, milk or lemon juice to make a spreadable mixture when stirred and you can spread it on the lattice with a brush or teaspoon.3 tbsp powdered sugar
Our grid apple cake recipe works and tastes great with applesauce and apple puree, though you can try other types of fruit puree and pureed fruit. There are no limits to creativity and taste preferences.
If you want to try this cake as an apple cake with crumble, feel free to check out our matching apple cake recipe. When making streusel cake, we like to make a little more batter so that the base is a little thicker. If you want the base to be a little thicker and fluffier, use a yeast dough instead of the shortcrust pastry. However, with yeast cake you have to be a little more careful when preparing it.