Cheesecake recipe easy for a delicious, light and fluffy cheesecake as a quick recipe to bake after and enjoy at home. Easy cheese cream cake and sour cream cake with creamy consistency that melts in your mouth and perfect also to garnish with fruits like apricots, oranges or peaches. Our favorite cheesecake recipe is not made with cheese, of course, but with cream, or sour cream, a sting-resistant variation of cream with a high fat content for our popular filling.
Ingredients for our cheesecake recipe simple:
Shortcrust pastry Ingredients:
- 300g flour
- 100g sugar
- 200g butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 0,5 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the cheese-cream filling:
- 1kg sour cream
- 140g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40g cornstarch
- 60g vanilla sugar
- 1 organic lemon (zest & juice)
- 1 can of apricots (according to taste)
Instructions for preparing the cake:
- First prepare the shortcrust pastry by beating sugar, salt and butter until fluffy.
- Now add an egg and flour by the spoonful until you have a solid mass, which you then put in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After the waiting time, roll out the cool dough with flour and cover the bottom and sides of a springform pan with it.
- Now mix the sour cream mixture with the ingredients of the topping and put it on the shortcrust pastry. Finally, press the apricots lightly into the mixture.
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes at 200 degrees (top/bottom heat).
- Let the cake cool down and store it in the refrigerator.
Cheese and cream cake or sour cream cake
The typical mixture of delicious shortcrust pastry and fluffy cheese-cream mass give the perfect result on any coffee table. The cheesecake recipe is suitable for professionals, but also for beginners. Our cream cheese cake can also be called sour cream cake, if you want to avoid some prejudices and tastes best in summer with apricots or peach pieces, as in our light and quick cream sponge cake.
Since the cheesecake recipe is quick and easy to bake and then the sour cream cake just needs to be refrigerated, it goes fast. Chilling is important so that the cake is firm to the bite and doesn’t melt on the plate. Who can not wait, then unfortunately have to live with the fact that the filling is then rather pudding-like, but taste it is just already super delicious. I would still wait a little in your place and rather the perfect cheesecake with the best cheesecake recipe then just eat.
Alternative cream cake for coffee and tea time
If you prefer a slightly lighter version to the sour cream cake, a typical cream cake should be a good alternative. Again, you can use apricots or peaches as a fruity topping. For us, however, the cream sponge cake tastes best with strawberries. You can offer it as a cake in several layers, but also as a sheet cake.
Meanwhile, we make a thin layer of cream still under the strawberries so that there is more adhesion between the base and the topping. We’re always trying to tweak our recipes, and of course we’ll pass on to you when there are new ideas for our shortcake.
With shortcrust pastry you have the advantage that you have the firmer dough directly as a stable edge for a fluffy creamy filling. With a sponge version, you have more of a spongy fluffy base that fits well in pies. We like the taste of both versions, but with the sour cream cake we feel guilty faster if we take two pieces, which is not the case with the strawberry cream cake. Feel free to try it out for yourself.
Cheesecake recipe – delicious cheese and cream cake
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 dough scraper
- 1 round springform pan
- 1 rolling pin
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g sugar
- 200 g spreadable butter
- 1 egg
- 0,5 tsp salt
Topping – filling
- 1 kg sour cream
- 140 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40 g cornstarch
- 60 g vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon organic (rub and juice)
- 225 g apricots
- First, cream the sugar, salt and butter in a stand mixer.100 g sugar, 0,5 tsp salt, 200 g spreadable butter
- Add egg and add flour by the spoonful and let it mix. Then chill the dough for an hour. Start 60 minutes timer here1 egg, 300 g all-purpose flour
- After the hour, roll out dough with flour and line the bottom and sides of a high springform pan.
- Now mix the sour cream with sugar, eggs, cornstarch, vanilla sugar and lemon zest and lemon juice and pour onto the shortcrust pastry in the springform pan.1 kg sour cream, 140 g sugar, 2 eggs, 40 g cornstarch, 60 g vanilla sugar, 1 lemon
- Lastly, place drained apricots on top of the sour cream mixture and lightly press into place.225 g apricots
- Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes at 200 °C. Then let cool before removing the springform pan and then store the cake in the refrigerator. Start 35 minutes timer here
The cheesecake recipe easy and fast for our chewy and creamy cheesecake we already had to tell many coffee guests and now we would like to publish it also on our foodblog, because it would be too bad to keep the delicious cake recipe only for us. Perhaps you would now like to try another of our family recipes, the delicious sweet Brioche?
Have fun with baking and eating…