Delicious cornflake cookies recipe and easy cookies made with cornflakes, chocolate and nuts. The cornflakes cookies with the special crunch and a chewy core. Quickly conjure up really tasty cookies that taste so good, you’ll want to bake more variations of this popular cookie recipe. Cornflakes made from corn not only taste good to children, but are also perfect as an additive in cookies.
Ingredients for simple cornflakes cookies
- 100g cornflakes
- 50g chopped nuts
- 75g dark chocolate as drops or grated
- 100g butter or margarine (fluffy/liquid)
- 50g sugar
- 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 100g wheat flour 405
- ½ sachet baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
As an alternative to the classic corn flakes, you can use whole wheat flakes or Special K flakes. The sweetened Frosties flakes can also be used, but then you can almost completely omit the extra sugar from the recipe if you don’t want super sweet cookies.
Cornflake cookies taste great with a variety of small grated nuts. You can try anything from walnuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, para nuts, peanuts or even almonds. I prefer to use hazelnuts or walnuts.
Instructions for cornflake cookies recipe
- First, preheat the oven to 180° degrees (top/bottom heat).
- Chop the cornflakes, nuts and chocolate. You can put the cornflakes into a freezer bag and press them with your fingers. Chop the nuts with a knife and chop the chocolate with a knife or buy chocolate drops directly.
- First now beat the liquid butter or margarine with sugar, vanilla sugar and salt in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until you can no longer recognize it.
- Now mix the flour and baking powder and add to the mixture by the spoonful while the mixer is running slowly.
- Finally, fold in the crushed cornflakes, nuts and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Using your hand (I like to use gloves), form balls about the size of walnuts and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper – about 4 rows of 5 balls.
- Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes at 180° C (top/bottom heat).
- Let the cookies cool down and cover them with some more melted chocolate if necessary.
Cookies with cornflakes, chocolate and nuts
I grew up with cornflakes and still like the taste and crunch. However, I now prefer my cornflakes in delicious cookies, rather than on the breakfast table. My cornflakes cookies have just the right crunch and still remain chewy and fluffy at the core.
Cookies just always fit on the table for me. Whether as a side dish with coffee or as a small sweet snack for some energy in between. In addition to my chocolate chip cookies, i.e. my cookies with thick chocolate chips, my cornflakes cookies have now got their own cookie jar. I find cookie jars just beautiful when they stand on a table, shelf or counter and of course I always want to have some cookies in there then.
Ingredients for cornflake cookies recipe
Crispy cookies with cornflakes – my cornflake cookies recipe
Cornflakes make a great little add-on to many recipes. In the past, my favorite recipe was my chocolate chip cookies, which were just cornflakes, melted chocolate and almond flakes. I might show you that simple recipe on my food blog and recipe blog very soon.
In the meantime, I prefer these cookies with the crunchy flakes. The cookies don’t taste too sweet and have the perfect consistency. Crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside and always a few crunchy bits in your mouth.
If you like the cornflake cookies completely crunchy, give them about 20 minutes of baking time. I prefer the soft center, but it also tastes great when everything is crunchy.
What are cornflakes made of?
Classic cornflakes are made of corn, barley malt, sugar and salt. The ingredients are cooked, rolled wide and dried before becoming crunchy flakes.
Cornflakes cookies with chocolate – delicious, crunchy and quick
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 baking paper
- 1 baking tray
- 100 g corn flakes
- 50 g nuts, grated walnut, almond or hazelnut
- 75 g chocolate chips (dark)
- 100 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft/fluid)
- 50 g sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 8 g baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- First prepare cornflakes, nuts and chocolate and chop each. Cornflakes can be filled into a freezer bag and pressed slightly smaller.100 g corn flakes, 50 g nuts, grated, 75 g chocolate chips (dark)
- Beat liquid butter or margarine with sugar, vanilla sugar and salt in a mixing bowl until fluffy.100 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower), 50 g sugar, 8 g vanilla sugar, ½ tsp salt
- Add the egg and mix until you can no longer see it.1 egg
- Mix flour and baking powder and add to the mixture by the spoonful while the mixer is running slowly.100 g all-purpose flour, 8 g baking powder
- Finally, fold the crushed cornflakes, nuts and chocolate pieces into the batter.100 g corn flakes, 50 g nuts, grated, 75 g chocolate chips (dark)
- Now form balls about the size of walnuts by hand and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper – there should be about 4 rows of 5 balls.
- Now bake the cookies for approx. 15 minutes at 180 °C. Start 15 minutes timer here
- Allow cookies to cool and top with more melted chocolate if needed.
The cornflake cookies recipe always succeeds and is already fun to prepare. Even more fun then of course when snacking. Crunchy and delicious is this simple recipe that is baked very quickly. Have fun trying it out and let me know which nuts are your favorites in my cornflake cookies.