Best easy chocolate cookies recipe for best chocolate chunk cookies. I am always looking for the best Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe and the best recipes for delicious chocolate chunk cookies. I am happy to share with you my original Chocolate Cookies recipe, which I got directly from America. Sometimes traditional family recipes really are the best, especially when it comes to cookies with chocolate and chocolate chunks.
Instructions for soft chocolate cookies recipe
Preheat the oven to 175°C (top/bottom heat). Mix soft salty butter, cane sugar, sugar and vanilla sugar in a mixer until creamy. Add egg and stir in just briefly.
Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until consistency is between moist and dry. Finally, stir in chopped dark chocolate chips or incorporate with your fingers.
Shape the dough into balls about the size of a walnut and place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. If necessary, press a few colorful M&Ms (without nuts) or mini Smarties onto the balls.
Bake for approx. 11-14 minutes at 175°C (top/bottom heat). The shorter the baking time, the softer the cookies will remain. If you prefer hard cookies, you can bake a few minutes more, but the cookies should not darken. Allow finished chocolate cookies to cool, taste and decorate with dark chocolate if desired.
Of course you can also buy ready-made chocolate pieces, however, I personally find it nicer when the pieces are slightly different in size and so each cookie is unique.
For the perfect consistency of the dough, you sometimes have to try a little more flour, so that the dough is not too wet.
Chocolate cookies with thick chocolate chunks, as in traditional American Chocolate Chunk Cookies…
The best recipe for chocolate cookies with thick chocolate chunks comes directly from America. Chocolate Cookies have been a tradition there for a long time and there are many variations of the Chocolate Cookies recipe. I remember being excited about my first thick cookie and just about to bite when it said “wait, you don’t have mint ice cream with it yet”.
So it’s tradition to serve ice cream or milk with the delicious soft chocolate cookies. For me a new experience and yet I prefer to eat my chocolate cookies pure. Just once in between or even at coffee-and-cake time with a nice hot cup of black coffee – pure.
Delicious chocolate cookies that are now to my cornflakes cookies and chocolate chip cookies like to be in my cookie jars. I also like it when visitors come who just want something to drink simply a small cookie then to put in addition. Also for small trips or saying goodbye to visitors, you can always quickly pack a few more cookies in a nice bag. The demand for the Chocolate Cookies recipe will surely come in the “I’m-home” phone call.
For me, I like to have chocolate in almost everything and the bigger the chocolate chunks or Chocolate Chunks, the nicer. So it’s no wonder that I also super love making my chocolate muffins and am now excited about my Chocolate Chunk Cookies and Chocolate Cookies recipe.
For me, a Chocolate Cookies recipe is perfect if you can snap or tear the cookie with your fingers. It doesn’t have to be firm and dry, but is still welcome to be easily squeezed. However, it should be cooked through on the inside and no longer cooked or mushy. The fine degree to which you have to approach gradually in time.
Common mistakes when baking cookies
Sometimes you have to adjust the basic recipe a bit depending on the brands of ingredients.
- If the cookies run out too much, you have a little too little flour in the dough.
- If the cookies stay thick and high, you have too much flour in them.
- If the cookies show a lot of cracks on the surface, then the egg was beaten too long.
- If the cookies are only brown in some places, you have used too cold butter.
- If the cookie is too dark, then it was in the oven too long.
The particular baking time for the Chocolate Chunk Cookies and Chocolate Cookies recipe is always somewhat dependent on your oven and the exact ingredients and brands. Sometimes the baking characteristic can change even slightly if you use a different type of butter or cane sugar.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe – Delicious Chocolate Cookies
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 baking tray
- 1 baking paper
- 120 g salted butter (soft)
- 75 g cane sugar
- 75 g sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 220 g cake flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 150 g chocolate chips (dark)
- Preheat oven to 175 °C.
- Mix fluffy butter, cane sugar, sugar and vanilla sugar in a mixer until creamy.120 g (3 oz) salted butter75 g (¼ cups) cane sugar75 g (½ cups) sugar8 g (2 tsp) vanilla sugar
- Add egg and stir in just briefly.1 egg
- Now add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until the consistency is between wet and dry.1 ½ tsp baking powder½ tsp salt220 g (2 ½ cups) cake flour
- Finally, stir in chopped dark chocolate chips.150 g (1 cups) chocolate chips (dark)
- Shape the dough into balls about the size of a walnut and place on a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Bake for approx. 11-14 minutes at 175 °C . The shorter the baking time, the fluffier the cookies will remain. If you prefer hard cookies, you can let them bake for a few minutes more, but the cookies should not get dark. Start 14 minutes timer here
- After baking, allow to cool and decorate with dark chocolate if desired.
Chocolate cookies like Chocolate Chunk Cookies also always pair well with nuts or dried fruit. When I want to make special cookies, I like to use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate once in a while. Feel free to try your personal variation of the Chocolate Cookies recipe and share it with me!