Easy espresso muffins recipe and baking instructions for quick and delicious espresso muffins and coffee muffins recipe for spontaneous guests. Easy recipe and simple ingredients for a delicious and fluffy muffin batter to bake yourself. Muffins and cupcakes are delicious and look cute when expecting guests and friends. They are also perfect for on-the-go snacks when traveling or going on a trip.
Instructions for delicious espresso muffins
Mix flour, sugar, butter, eggs, espresso, milk, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar well until a nice mixture is formed.
Then add ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts and fruit, mix briefly with the dough and then pour into the greased muffin tin. Especially handy are small paper cups, as baking paper in the mold.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees (top and bottom heat). Bake muffins for 20 minutes and then let cool. Dust with a little powdered sugar and serve with fresh coffee.
We never miss muffins when our family and friends get together. Even if there is normal cake, muffins are always on the table. Muffins are also popular as a sweet souvenir or as a tasty snack for the journey, and they are quick and easy to make.
Without long preparation time, without waiting time, the dough is quickly mixed and the muffins or mini cakes in the oven. Sometimes you just want to bake something quickly for your guests, without much effort, time and hassle.
Espresso Muffins Recipe
I find the espresso muffins super convenient because you can bake them in different variations and thus spontaneously fall back on what you have in the kitchen cupboard.
I love coffee, cappuccino and latte macchiato, so caffeine in different variations. Therefore, I was looking for suitable muffins that fit me as a coffee lover. I have now tried the espresso muffins recipe several times and like the muffins super, even though I find the coffee flavor absolutely not as dominant and especially in combination with dark chocolate as absolutely coherent.
The great advantage with this recipe for espresso muffins is that you can determine the strength of the flavor yourself depending on the type of coffee, or espresso variety. If you prefer the traditional Italian espresso, you can give the muffins a spicy note, if you prefer combinations with hazelnut or a cocoa note in the coffee or espresso, you can give the espresso muffins a flavor all their own. My muffins usually have my regular Italian espresso beans.
If you use regular wheat flour in the recipe the muffins will be fluffy, if you use whole wheat the muffins will be a little firmer, but will also be more filling right away. From the tendency I like the whole wheat variant in the meantime even rather, than the normal wheat flour variant.
The dough recipe itself is quickly prepared and the muffins smell really delicious when they come out of the oven. Perfect if you want the apartment or house to smell like fresh cake when guests arrive. However, you can also make this espresso muffins recipe after the guests have already arrived.
Espresso muffins recipe – coffee muffins baking instructions – with chocolate, nuts, fruits
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 dough scraper
- 1 large muffin tin
- 1 small muffin tin
- 1 muffins liners
- 280 g cake flour
- 160 g sugar
- 120 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft)
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml fresh espresso alternatively coffee
- 200 ml whole milk 3,5%
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp salt
- 8 g vanilla sugar
Other possible ingredients
- 100 g chocolate chips (dark)
- 50 g nuts, grated (e.g., walnuts, almonds,…)
- 50 g fruits chopped dried fruit or fresh fruit like blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, eggs, espresso, milk, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar well until you have a nice mixture.280 g cake flour, 160 g sugar, 120 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower), 2 eggs, 50 ml fresh espresso, 200 ml whole milk 3,5%, 2 tsp baking powder, 0,5 tsp salt, 8 g vanilla sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Then briefly mix additions such as chocolate shavings, nuts and fruit with the dough.100 g chocolate chips (dark), 50 g nuts, grated, 50 g fruits
- Pour the batter into a greased muffin tin. Especially convenient are small paper cups, as baking paper in the mold.
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes. Start 20 minutes timer here
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh coffee.
The basic espresso muffins recipe also tastes great with some banana or fresh fruit like blueberries. There are no limits to your preferences. Feel free to try your best version just once.
Feel free to let me know which additions you like best and which espresso muffins recipe version you liked best.
Have fun baking and snacking.