Easy delicious raspberry muffins recipe and best muffins with buttermilk? I can well remember the question of friends, what if you do not like buttermilk at all – but I can reassure you. This one does not taste in the muffins.
I love berries and I love muffins. A few weeks ago I already presented you my blueberry muffin recipe. I would like to present you another variant of the muffins. For spring and summer, raspberries and raspberry muffins with frozen berries are currently among my favorite muffins. My recipe is simple, quick to make and always succeeds.
Ingredients for the best raspberry muffins with buttermilk
- 180g cane sugar or brown sugar
- 350g wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 220ml buttermilk (=235g)
- 300g fresh raspberries (frozen raspberries are also suitable)
The amount of fresh raspberries can be adjusted according to preference. You can also bake the recipe with normal sugar and milk. In this case, you can omit the baking soda. However, the muffin will taste completely different. Buttermilk is an acid, which then requires baking soda to balance and effect.
I also like to use frozen berries for raspberry muffins, however, I let them thaw carefully on a kitchen towel then slightly, so that still some thaw water is extracted.
Instructions for homemade muffins with buttermilk
- First, preheat the oven to 200 degrees (top/bottom heat) and mix the batter in a food processor.
- First mix liquid butter, eggs and buttermilk. Then add flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and mix only briefly. Only at the end, carefully fold the raspberries into the batter.
- A muffin tin for large muffins is now lined with a muffin paper and the baking pan is filled 2/3 with batter. I like to use a piping bag for filling and even lift the raspberries only in the baking dish then under each.
- Who makes it, like me gladly exactly, can put the muffin tin also on a scale and fill each muffin with approx. 80-85g dough mass.
- Put the muffins in the hot oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Then let them cool on a wire rack and remove them from the muffin tin.
- The muffins are served with the paper, or can be served completely plain on the table.
In summer delicious raspberries directly from the bush into the muffin – in winter prefer frozen berries.
The last few years I have tried some muffin recipes and now found at best recipe. Especially for fruits I like this dough best. You don’t feel like you’re eating something unhealthy. Raspberry muffins with buttermilk have a subtle acidity that gives the little cake a certain freshness and lightness.
Muffins with buttermilk – raspberry muffins easy homemade
If you look around the muffins shelf, you are more likely to find blueberry muffins, dark chocolate muffins, light muffins with chocolate chips, cherries or even apple muffins. Of course, as a raspberry fan, what I’m clearly missing are muffins with raspberries. I actually planted myself six raspberry bushes last spring. I was amazed at how bountiful the harvest was on a daily basis. You probably won’t be surprised, then, if you always find raspberries in my cereal and fruit bowl.
So there are very rarely raspberry muffins and if, then often with white chocolate. Often you will find chocolate in berry muffins because it makes them a little sweeter. However, I prefer that slight tartness and prefer to enjoy my berries pure and without the added sugar from the white chocolate. Therefore, the focus of my muffins with buttermilk and raspberries is clearly on the fruit and the slight tartness of the raspberry.
Delicious, easy and quick raspberry muffins with buttermilk
I like to decorate the raspberry muffins with some powdered sugar. Likewise, I like to add some fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
Often I make the basic batter for muffins, but then bake different muffin varieties. Then I can directly offer a large selection for coffee, breakfast or brunch. I then like to use blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, apples and chocolate as flavors.
What is the difference between English and American muffins?
By English muffins you mean the flat toasties bread rolls, by American muffins you mean the small cakes with baking paper. The British version is baked with yeast and eaten like toast. The USA muffin is a cake mim mini and is baked with baking powder and often baking soda. There are different flavors of the American muffin.
Best muffins with buttermilk – simple raspberry muffins recipe
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 large muffin tin
- 12 muffins liners
- 1 baking tray
- 1 piping bag
- 180 g cane sugar
- 350 g cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 100 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft/fluid)
- 2 eggs
- 220 ml buttermilk
- 300 g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Mix liquid butter, eggs, buttermilk in stand mixer.100 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower), 2 eggs, 220 ml buttermilk
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and mix just briefly.180 g cane sugar, 350 g cake flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda
- Finally, gently fold fresh raspberries into batter and divide into muffin tins, where one muffin paper waits for each balancing. Fill the mold about 2/3 in height each.300 g raspberries
- In fact, I prefer to use a piping bag to spread the batter and only add the raspberries in the mold and gently fold them in with a fork.
- Now place the muffins in the hot oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes (it is best to test with a stick). Then cool on a wire rack and remove from the muffin tin. Start 25 minutes timer here
- The muffins are served with the paper, or can also be placed completely plain on the table. I like to use a little powdered sugar as decoration and a few fresh berries…
The muffins with buttermilk can also easily remain sealed in an airtight tin and stored in the refrigerator for a few days.