Best and easy apple muffins recipe for quick muffins with apples. Probably by now you know that I love apple cake of various kinds. In combination with cinnamon or coconut flakes apple cake just always tastes good to me. Quite often I therefore bake a sheet cake with apples, but muffins with apple now comes fresh to my recipes. Enjoy my new apple muffins recipe with buttermilk.
Ingredients for juicy delicious apple muffins recipe
- 180g cane sugar
- 350g wheat flour 405
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 100g butter (liquid by microwave e.g.)
- 2 eggs
- 220ml buttermilk (=235g)
- 4 apples
If you like you can add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to the basic batter. This will make the apple muffins recipe more wintery. They become more summery with a few coconut flakes and some lemon. Feel free to try out your personal variations. My cane sugar muffins are even sweeter if you bake them with crumble.
Instructions for homemade juicy apple muffins recipe
- First, preheat the oven to 200° degrees (top/bottom heat).
- While this is going on, mix the melted butter, eggs, buttermilk in a food processor.
- Then add the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and mix just briefly.
- Now peel, core and cut the apples into small cubes to fold them carefully into the batter. You can also spread the batter first and then fold in the apple pieces in the mold.
- Now pour the batter into the muffin baking pan lined with muffin baking paper – fill about 2/3 of the way up each. (finally, for crumble muffins, add the streusel on top of the muffin).
- The baking pan can now be put into the hot oven with the batter for about 25 minutes.
- The best way to check if the batter is cooked through is to push a wooden stick into the center of the muffin and if nothing sticks to it, the muffin is done.
- After baking, let cool on a wire rack and remove from the baking pan.
Fruity muffins with apple – bake them yourself with or without cinnamon or crumble
I like to bake many of my apple pies with applesauce. I like the soft and chewy kind in my pie. However, applesauce doesn’t do quite as well in a muffin. So today I am sharing my recipe for muffins with apple. Many fruit cake variations can also be made into fluffy and moist muffins.
I always like it when the apples for apple cake are no longer quite crunchy, but have become a bit more crumbly and soft. You thus utilize the apples for my apple muffins recipe that are no longer pretty with super tasty muffins.
Apple muffins recipe easy homemade
Since I just love my blueberry muffins, cherry muffins and raspberry muffins, I have now modified the recipe for juicy muffins with apple. Apples are just always popular and so versatile. When guests comes over, you usually can’t go far wrong with an apple cake and also with my apple muffins recipe. There’s a reason the selection of apple varieties on the fruit shelf is usually amazingly huge.
Apple muffins are a great alternative for me when I want to offer different muffins. The selection with my other fruit muffins in combination makes then directly impression and everyone finds his favorite. As a basis serves my muffins recipe that tastes like original American muffins.
How do you make crumbles for a cake or for muffins?
You need 2 parts flour and 1 part butter and 1 part sugar each. This means, for example, 250g flour to 125g butter and 125g sugar. I like to use fluffy butter and add sugar first, then flour and finally the butter to the mixing bowl. I use a whisk attachment to mix for pretty crumbles.
American muffins like to be served with the paper on, though you can remove it before serving. Sometimes I bake muffins with crumbles if it can be a little sweeter. With or without crumbles, muffins with a little powdered sugar look good enough to bite into.
If you want a little more freshness to the pastry, serve some freshly sliced apple with the little cake. However, the muffins with apple remain quite neutral in taste when it is baked without cinnamon, so you can also combine other fruit well.
Delicious, simple and quick muffins with apples
I always cut the apples for the batter just before they go into the batter. If they are left too long the apples quickly turn brown. You can avoid the browning by sprinkling the apples with lemon juice or putting them in water with citric acid. However, this will also make the apples a little more fluffy and watery.
I have already tried different varieties of apples and like to use Elstar for baking. But also Boskop, Braeburn, Gravensteiner, as well as Cox Orange, Fuji, Jonagold, Pink Lady, Gala, Golden Delicious and even Granny Smith are suitable for delicious apple cake and thus also for the apple muffins recipe.
Apple muffins recipe – fruity and easy homemade
- 1 stand mixer
- 1 large muffin tin
- 12 muffins liners
- 1 baking tray
- 1 piping bag
- 180 g cane sugar
- 350 g cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 100 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower) (soft/fluid)
- 2 eggs
- 220 ml buttermilk
- 4 apples
- Preheat oven to 200 °C.
- Mix liquid butter, eggs, buttermilk in stand mixer.100 g margarine vegetable (e.g., sunflower), 2 eggs, 220 ml buttermilk
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and mix just briefly.180 g cane sugar, 350 g cake flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda
- Peel, core and cut apples into small cubes to gently fold them into the batter and divide into the muffin tins, where one muffin paper waits for each balancing. Fill the mold about 2/3 of the way up each.4 apples
- In fact, I prefer to use a piping bag to spread the batter and only add the apple pieces in the mold and gently fold them in with a fork.
- Now put the muffins in the hot oven and bake for about 25 minutes (it's best to do a stick test). Then cool on a wire rack and remove from the baking pan. Start 25 minutes timer here
- The muffins are served with the paper, or can also be placed completely plain on the table. I like to use some powdered sugar or sugar and cinnamon as decoration and a few fresh apple slices…
Apple muffins go very well on coffee and tea time, but also on breakfast or brunch time. They always look cute and the paper makes them easy to eat on the go. When I have guests, I like to give at least one more muffin for the ride. Apple muffins have the advantage that they pretty much don’t stain if anything ever crumbles, since they’re not red fruit and there’s no chocolate in them either. However, you could add nuts to the apple muffins recipe for a little more added saturation.