Best Greek farmer salad recipe as a summer salad and greek salad with feta and olives. Especially refreshing is the popular Greek salad by the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. With onions and matching spices, the Greek Farmer’s Salad gets the perfect Balkan salad flavor. We love this fresh salad with simple ingredients that are quickly chopped and ready to mix. Our ideal dish for warm days at lunch or in the evening.
Ingredients for Greek Farmer’s Salad
- 1 cucumber
- 600g vine tomatoes
- 1 green bell bell pepper
- 1 vegetable onion
- 270g green olives
- 150g feta sheep cheese light
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1,5 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Greek spices
- 1 tablespoon parsley
You can top up this type of Greek farmer’s salad with another bell bell pepper, though we would choose a red bell bell pepper. Instead of the vegetable onion, you can also choose the even milder red onions. Instead of the healthy green olives, you can also choose the riper and more aromatic black olives. To the olive oil, a few squirts of lemon juice also harmonize very well.
Instructions for Greek farmer salad
- Peel cucumber, cut into pieces and place in a large glass bowl.
- Remove stalk from tomatoes and cut into pieces as well.
- Hollow out the green bell pepper and cut into small cubes.
- Peel and chop one onion.
- Halve olives and cut feta into small cubes or deliberately break off coarsely from the piece with a fork.
- Add parsley and Greek spices along with the pepper and olive oil over the salad and mix everything really well.
Fresh Greek farmer’s salad with delicious feta, enjoy as if from the Greek…
Light Greek salad with fresh and light ingredients tastes good in every season. In summer it is really refreshing and in winter it reminds you of the beautiful summer moments. To each Gyros or Pita with the Greek, always belonged a portion Greek farmer salad in addition. In the restaurant, you would even see the Greek grandmother who made the salad every day according to the family recipe.
Simple Greek salad with feta cheese
Today, we prefer to make the simple Greek Farmer’s Salad fresh ourselves at home. The anticipation of the delicious fitness salad begins with the selection of olives and feta cheese. We also like to try out different varieties here.
With the Greek spice mix, we found a variant with oregano, basil, onions, peppers, lemon balm leaves, sage leaves, spearmint and nana mint. This really tastes perfect with the Greek salad. Feel free to try your favorite spices here and choose Italian herbs as well.
Greek farmer salad with feta basic recipe
We also encountered the fresh Balkan salad on our trip to Greece and of course it tastes even different in Greece with super fresh olives and fresh feta sheep cheese. However, the basic recipe for the Greek Farmer’s Salad remains the same.
For us, the Greek salad is an absolute classic in the summer. You can change it as you like, if you don’t like olives or onions. If you like it a bit spicy, then you can add hot peppers to the salad. If it is an extreme high summer, we currently like to eat our also super refreshing melon salad.
Ciabatta bread as a side dish to the Greek salad
When we have Greek Farmer’s Salad, usually just the salad is enough for us. However, for extra enjoyment, we also like to combine our fresh ciabatta bread or a fresh baguette bread with it. Of course, then the ciabatta recipe with olives goes perfectly with it. Otherwise, we like to dip our bread in delicious, aromatic olive oil.
Greek farmer salad – Greek salad with feta
- 1 glass bowl
- 1 salad servers
- 1 cutting knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 cucumber
- 600 g tomatoes
- 1 peppers, green
- 1 vegetable onion
- 270 g olives
- 150 g feta cheese Sheep cheese light
- 2 EL olive oil
- 1,5 TL pepper
- 1 EL spices Greek
- 1 EL parsley
- Peel cucumber, cut into pieces and place in a large glass bowl.1 cucumber
- Remove the stalk from the tomatoes and also cut into pieces.600 g tomatoes
- Hollow out the green bell pepper and cut into small cubes.1 peppers, green
- Peel and chop one onion.1 vegetable onion
- Halve olives and cut feta into small cubes or deliberately break off coarsely from the piece with a fork.270 g olives, 150 g feta cheese
- Add the parsley and Greek spices along with the pepper and olive oil over the salad and mix everything really well.2 EL olive oil, 1,5 TL pepper, 1 EL spices, 1 EL parsley
Cold salads go with summer just as well as delicious breads. Surely you are not surprised that the Greek Farmer’s Salad is one of our favorite recipes. We are happy if you like the Greek salad as much as we do.